Chimborazo Trip 1 Day Trek
Chimborazo Trekking from Latacunga . This trek is one of the most scenic walks in the Andes. The giant Chimborazo and its neighbour Carihuairazo dominate the area. They are set in an amazing Andean landscape with llamas and vicuñas. It is very common to encounter Indian shepherds tending their animals.
Day 1.- Latacunga 2800 msnm/ft - Chimborazo Reserve
Day 1: Latacunga 2800 msnm/ft - Chimborazo Reserve
Hiking toThe beautiful Chimborazo Nature Reserve. Leaving from Latacunga or Quito Ecuador you will travel to Chimborazo by private transportation, Ecuador’s highest peak. With an Elevation of 6,268 metres (20,564 ft), Chimborazo is the highest mountain in Ecuador and on the equator.
You will hike and admire the breathtaking views of Chimborazo, while experiencing all the nature and wildlife in your surroundings.You will then Mountain bike back down, and return to Latacunga or Quito via private transportation.
Departure at 8am from Latacunga office or Quito Plaza Foch
- Arrive at Chimborazo to the first refuge at 4800 meters
- Hike to second refuge located at 5000 meters Whymper Shelter
- Mountain bike back down for about 2 hours
- Return to Latacunga around 6pm
Services included in the prices:
- Superior service
- A registered and fully licensed Tour Operator
- Land transportation and transfers
- Naturalist guide
- Private transportation from / to Latacunga or Quito
- Entrance permit Chimborazo Reserve
- Personal mountain gear (warm cloths, sleeping bags, sun glasses, head lamp, etc.)
- International flight tickets
- Meals and drinks in hotels (lunch, dinner)
- Insurance of any kind
Prices & Dates
Price: Contact us!
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
EZZ - Single room supplement
On this trip, places are still available.
On this trip, only a few places left.
This trip is sold out / closed.